FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Compiled Queries

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
earle36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote earle36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Compiled Queries
    Posted: 27-Apr-2011 at 12:42pm
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if you support / plan to support compiled queries?

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, I couldn't seem to find any information on where IdeaBlade stands with this.

Thanks,
robertg View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote robertg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2011 at 11:07am
Earle36,

The support of compiled queries is on our roadmap, but we don't have a definite release scheduled for it yet. I'll let our developers know that you were asking about it, because such feedback from customers is always helpful in setting priorities.

We did, however, add a feature in 6.0.7 which is related. From the patch notes:

"An optimization was added that internally caches compiled local queries and reuses the compiled plan for subsequent executions. This means that if you hang onto a query object, any executions of that query against the local cache after the first may be much faster. The amount of improvement will be related to how long compilation of the query takes versus the time taken to execute the compiled Func<>. Expressions that involve small datasets, hence small execution times, tend to benefit the most."

-- Robert

Edited by robertg - 28-Apr-2011 at 11:10am
 Post Reply Post Reply