FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Can't remove failed installation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't remove failed installation
    Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 1:45pm

Try this remedy from the Troubleshooting section of the Installation Guide: 

Microsoft provides a tool, the “Windows Installer Cleanup Utility” that will uninstall just about anything:

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;290301&spid=2525&sid=251

Microsoft often shuffles their site so if this link fails, search the web for it under “Windows Installer Cleanup Utility”.

We have had good luck with it. Of course it leaves material behind.

After running this tool, if you are trying to clear your machine of DevForce altogether, you might try installing a fresh copy of DevForce and then un-installing it immediately afterwards; this should pick up most if not all of the detritus from earlier installs.

Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 1:44pm

I searched around and didn’t see any information about this.  The install seems to be complete (it opens the SplashPage.htm)  and then it hangs on “computing space requirements.”  The main problem with it hanging at this point is that it doesn’t seem to put any removal option into Add/Remove Programs.  Going into Visual Studio it shows that the Object Mapper and Toolbox show up, so it seems as if it is just unable to complete some last step?  Perhaps the DB install? 

I’m running Windows 2003 Server as my dev environment with Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 express installed.

Post Reply Post Reply