FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Name Plural-izer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Name Plural-izer
    Posted: 02-Dec-2008 at 1:59pm
That sounds like an irritating problem.  I've opened a bug report so we can do "something" to address this.  Thanks for the feedback.
dkearney1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dkearney1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2008 at 10:32am
On the whole I'm very happy to have the name plural-izer you provide, I'd go crazy trying to correct all those entities and relationships.

That being said, there is a situation that it doesn't handle correctly. I'd normally chalk it up to the oddities of English, but I think this will show up often. I have a ContractStatus and a Contract table/entity, and the obvious Contract.ContractStatus property. The name plural-izer insists on "singular-izing" Contract.ContractStatus to ContractStatu.

For the time being I'm just correcting the spelling after each run of the name plural-izer, I get help from the compiler when I forget. Is there something that can be done about this? (In the Classic product you had a "AutoUpdate Name" flag.)
Dan
“In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no
longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.”
Saint-Exupéry
Wind, Sand, and Stars
 Post Reply Post Reply