FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Error Saving Object Tree with multiple objects

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error Saving Object Tree with multiple objects
    Posted: 06-Aug-2009 at 2:21pm
My first thought would be to check for discrepancies between the client and web versions of the Domain Model, especially if you're using a separate model assembly.  By discrepancy I mean that one assembly is possibly out of date.  You might also want to check that you've re-generated the Domain Model after you made the upgrade, just to ensure that the auto-generated code is current.  If the Domain Model looks good, next thing to look at would be the Entity Model, and whether it's stayed in sync with the Domain Model.   Lastly, I'd try a full clean and re-build of your solution within Visual Studio.  
fuekor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fuekor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2009 at 6:53am
Hello,

maybe someone can help me with a problem, that seems to be new since official release of sl3 and/or devForce.
The Problem:
There is a part generating invoices in a batch. I save objects in two different entities and after one invoice is done with 1 – x positions I use the saveChangesAsyncto persist the changes.

This has worked fine. Now (I believe after changing to devforce and sl rtw) I always get the following error;

------ 

+                      args.Error         {IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityManagerSaveException: Als Typ des Schlüsselfelds 'ID' wird 'System.Guid' erwartet, der bereitgestellte Wert weist jedoch tatsächlich den Typ 'System.DateTime' auf. ---> IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityServerException: Als Typ des Schlüsselfelds 'ID' wird 'System.Guid' erwartet, der bereitgestellte Wert weist jedoch tatsächlich den Typ 'System.DateTime' auf.

--- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---

bei IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityManager.HandleEntityServerException(Exception pException, Boolean pTryToHandle, PersistenceOperation pOperation)

bei IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityManager.HandleSaveResultException(SaveWorkState saveWorkState, SaveOptions saveOptions, Boolean isAsyncOp)}        System.Exception {IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityManagerSaveException}

------

There is absolutely no error in the object. All guid fields are filled with guids, all mandatory fileds are populated.

Is there anybody who has an idea about it?

Thanks in advance

Ralph
 Post Reply Post Reply