New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Is there a way to get the users group(s) from Active Directory when using Authentication mode = "windows"?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Is there a way to get the users group(s) from Active Directory when using Authentication mode = "windows"?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ting View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote ting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is there a way to get the users group(s) from Active Directory when using Authentication mode = "windows"?
    Posted: 17-Sep-2010 at 2:26pm
With the IEntityLoginManager interface, you can pretty much implement whatever type of authentication you need.  Unfortunately, we don't have an example using Active Directory.
madone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote madone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2010 at 2:44pm
I need to use Active Directory for our user authentication.  I would also like to be able to get their groups from Active Directory also.  Is there an example somewhere that shows how to do this?  If not, is there a way to do a mixed mode?  Where I can use the users AD login to log them in automatically then use ASP.Net for the roles?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply