FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Team Foundation Server 2008

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dkearney1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dkearney1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Team Foundation Server 2008
    Posted: 03-Dec-2008 at 9:46am
I've run into the same issue. The workaround I use is to open a 2nd Visual Studio instance and check out the needed files using the Source Control window. Don't try to open the project in the 2nd VS instance, that'll cause more problems than it solves.
Dan
“In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no
longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.”
Saint-Exupéry
Wind, Sand, and Stars
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2008 at 11:18am
There isn't currently a plan to integrate with TFS or any other source code control, but it would be a nice feature.  I'll open a feature request so we can look into this. 

The error you're seeing is a bug, though.  The Object Mapper is supposed to check for read only files early, but since it's opened modally, once you get this message you're stuck.  We'll look into this one too.

BTW, version 4.2.1.6 is available if you'd like to upgrade.  See the release notes for more information:  http://www.ideablade.com/DevForceEF/ProductDocumentation/DevForceEFReleaseNotes.html

gcapoziello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gcapoziello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2008 at 11:24am
I'm using version 4.2.0.1 of DevForce EF with Team Foundation Server 2008. Whenever I make changes using the Object Mapper and attempt to save, it errors out unless I've checked the files out before opening the mapper. The problem is that when the mapper is open, I can't return to the VS window to check the files out - which means that I have to close the mapper without saving my files, return to VS check out ALL of the entity classes, the edmx files, the iedmx file and so on.

Obviously, this isn't a big issue but it is rather annoying - is there a plan to integrate with TFS2008?

Thanks,
Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply