FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

P2P Network

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P2P Network
    Posted: 07-Apr-2009 at 1:05pm
You probably will need to have a different entity manager for each connection.

It is up to you to find a mechanism for discovering peers.  Currently, in all of our examples, each client has a known connection string to the server

A discovery server sounds like a great idea, but you will need to find a way to implement this.
DjStitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DjStitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2009 at 7:28am
I need 2 know how this will work.

Will I have to create a new entity manager for each node (site) becource of the different direct IPS and connections strings.

What will be the best way of finding the peers.
Will EF be able to log on to and central server first (discovery server) or must I use a webservice for this.

Thanks
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2009 at 7:54pm
Deploy as you would in a Client - Server architecture.

Each node can only accept 10 connections.  In other words, each node can only have 10 clients.
DjStitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DjStitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2009 at 11:52am
Can you please give me a quik and dirty example on how this will be done.

Let me give you my senario.

A group of users will have there own current loaded local databases, becourse stock control is specific to the users store. and can't be stored centrally. I have to setup some kind of P2P VPN network

How will this work, will there be a new PM instance for each P2P user.
How can I acomplish this and what do you mean with 10 connections.

Thanks in advance.

IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 2:26pm
There should be no problem although you should be aware of the fact that there is typically a maximum of 10 connections that any one peer will accept.  In contrast, a server machine will be able to accept hundreds if not thousands of connections.
DjStitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DjStitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 5:46am
Will our company be able to use your software in Peer to Peer Network for example.

A group of 10 users, in different city exchanging data.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply