New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: After upgrading to 3.4 my IIS deployment did not work
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

After upgrading to 3.4 my IIS deployment did not work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: After upgrading to 3.4 my IIS deployment did not work
    Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 11:52am

This reply to another customer who had a similar problem may help: 

We renamed a few classes in the IdeaBlade.Persistence namespace in version 3.4.0, and also modified the ServerConsole.exe and ServerService.exe modules.  I’m not sure how you’ve deployed your BOS, so I’ll describe in general what you need to look at.

1) If you’re not using IIS, and you’re not using an app.config on either client or server, make sure that the ServerConsole or ServerService executable on your BOS is from the 3.4.0.3 release.

2) If you’re using IIS, or a client or server side app.config, check that the remoting information in the config file is correct for the renamed classes:

Here’s what the <wellknown> element should look like in the server config file:

<service>

<wellknown

mode="Singleton"

type="IdeaBlade.Persistence.RemotingPersistenceService,

IdeaBlade.Persistence"

objectUri="PersistenceServer.rem"

/>

</service>

The type=”” attribute has changed to reflect the new correct class name.  Check the “BreakingChanges” section of the Release Notes for more information on the client-side app.config.

If neither of these options works for you, please let me know.

Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 11:51am

After upgrading to 3.4 my IIS deployment did not work i.e ‘unable to connect to remoting server. The server or connection may be down’. I made sure I replaced all the dll references in the solution and in the IIS target directory. I spent quite a lot of time to figure out the error but did not succeed. I removed 3.4 and installed the prev. version 3.3 and is working fine. Trust me I did not change anything other than refreshing the refrences and during my troubleshooting I reinstalled/repaired .Net framework 2.0, reinstalled IIS 6.0 and restarted the system many times.

This was the debug log and it did not proceed further.

Post Reply Post Reply