New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: When I click on the View tab in the Object Mapper it doesn’t show me the available views
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

When I click on the View tab in the Object Mapper it doesn’t show me the available views

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When I click on the View tab in the Object Mapper it doesn’t show me the available views
    Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 11:22pm

Thanks for finding this.  I’ll update the forum with this information so that the next user who runs into this problem will have the benefit of your experience.

Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 11:20pm

We got past the problem for now. We changed the Max Display # to 200 (from 100) and Refreshed to get the one available View to show up.

IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 11:19pm
Could you send me the database? 
Customer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 11:17pm
I am another customer, and I found this post on the subject:

But the SQL account I’m using is already a sysadmin and dbo.

We verified that the SQL security is correct by setting up an ODBC connection using the standard SQL Server driver. We linked to the View in question through Access 2003 using the same SQL account and password as used in the Object Mapper and it works fine.

IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 12:43pm
I've seen this problem exactly once before from another customer.  The most likely  explanation is that the user account that you are using to develop your application doesn't have the appropriate access rights ton the views.  Try running as admin.

Hope this helps.  If it doesn't ,let me know.
Customer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 12:42pm

I was trying out Ideablade’s Object Mapper in one of my projects. I was trying to use a View as a data source but for some reason when I click on the View tab in the Object Mapper it doesn’t show me the available views stored on the SQL Server.

The SQL Server I’m using is SQL Server 2000 with Service Pack 3 installed. Is there something that I need to do on the SQL Server for the views to show up on the Object Mapper or are there some special statements I need to include in my view declaration so the Object Mapper would recognize it?

Post Reply Post Reply