New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Book recommendation on model-view-controller designn pattern
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Book recommendation on model-view-controller designn pattern

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Book recommendation on model-view-controller designn pattern
    Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 1:05pm
The best stuff on this ... by FAR .. on big-time UI patterns can be found in a series of articles by Martin Fowler that is supposed to go into a book but doesn't seem to be coming soon. It's on the web, though, and nothing else comes close in both ease of understanding and explanatory power.

Begin at: http://www.martinfowler.com/eaaCatalog/modelViewController.html. Follow the links to "Model View Presenter" , "Supervising Controller", "Passive View", "Presentation Model" "Separated Presentation" etc.

You should know that we will be retiring Funhouse in favor of Cabana. MS CAB (on which Cabana rests) is the future of composite UI architectures. Funhouse was pretty well aligned vis-a-vis MVC and MVP but it is a far cry from what CAB can do.

I know it may seem scary ... we are just gathering our materials on Cabana ... but if you're considering this kind of thing, I recommend that you take a breath, relax, and dig in.

We'll be coming to press with more explanatory material in the coming months.
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 1:04pm
I have been pouring over the Funhouse application in hopes of restructuring my recent project which has grown in complexity.  You have provided some direction in the way of video and documentation; however, most of the advanced items are unavailable.  I eagerly anticipate their release.  In the meantime, could you offer a recommendation for a good resource on the model-view-controller design pattern?  I would like to do some more heavy reading on the subject. 
 Post Reply Post Reply