New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Can I use Visual Studio Express with DevForce Express?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Can I use Visual Studio Express with DevForce Express?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I use Visual Studio Express with DevForce Express?
    Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 1:48pm
The fact sheet is not entirely correct.  You can also use the Standard or Team Edition of Visual Studio.  However, we cannot use Visual Studio Express because the Express version of Visual Studio does not support Add-Ins and Add-In support is required for our Object Mapper technology.
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 1:47pm

I have just started looking at Microsoft development tools. I have started my evaluation with an Express edition of Visual Studio. I am also interested in looking at DevForce Express but I see from your fact sheet that Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional is a requirement. Can you tell me if this is a firm requirement or if it’s possible to install and use DevForce Express with Studio Express?

Post Reply Post Reply