FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Membership

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Membership
    Posted: 28-Dec-2010 at 1:11pm
merc;

The UserInformation class on the sample solution is a POCO class and as such can be implemented in various ways. We left the GetUsers method to return null so as to leave the implementation up to the developers.

In summary, the UserInformation is only persisted during runtime and is stored inside the RegistrationManager cache. If you look at the properties of UserInformation, they are fields from various tables in the aspnetdb. 

UserInformation.UserName is from dbo.aspnetdb_Users table
UserInformation.Password, UserInformation.Email, UserInformation.Question, and UserInformation.Answer are from dbo.aspnetdb_Membership table

So to implement the GetUsers method, you can do the following:

1. Retrieve the UserInformation from RegistrationManager cache.

or

2. Retrieve UserInformation already stored in the database by retrieving those various properties from aspnetdb.

or

3. Do both.

You can read more about POCO support in DevForce here.

Hope this helps.
merc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Dec-2010 at 11:46pm
Example from ASPNET Membership with Registration
how can I call this code

public IEnumerable<UserInformation> GetUsers() {
      return null;
    }

DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Dec-2010 at 6:05pm
Hi merc;

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. Could you explain again with code samples?
merc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2010 at 1:32am
I can not call to get list of users, and also update them in the Membership, can give the sample code. 
The examples do not have this code.
Thx.
 Post Reply Post Reply