FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Validation Upon Save

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jipock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jipock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Validation Upon Save
    Posted: 09-Mar-2011 at 5:40am
Much thanks,  Silvio.
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2011 at 4:47pm
Hi jipock,

Assuming that the entity type you are looking for is Employee, the Property is LastName, and you are validating only new entities:

protected override bool ValidateSave() {
  var em = EntityManager;
  var foundEntities = em.FindEntities(typeof(Employee), EntityState.Added);

foreach (Employee entity in foundEntities.Cast<Object>().ToList()) {
  if (entity.LastName == null) {
    em.RemoveEntity(entity);
  }
  return base.ValidateSave();
}

Note that, back in the client, while the successfully saved entities were updated to EntityState.Unchanged, the "unsaved" entities still have EntityState.Added.

Silvio.

Edited by sbelini - 08-Mar-2011 at 5:21pm
jipock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jipock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2011 at 10:20am
Good Afternoon,

I'm attempting now to validate an entity upon save that is Property1 on a specific entity type is null then stop the save and throw an exception.

I'm not finding a good way to do this... I thought to look into the EntityServerSaveInterceptor, but ValidateSave() doesn't take parameters, nor do I find a way of grabbing the entities being saved (and manually loop through all of them). The entity itself does have PropertyInterceptors for individual properties (before Set, After Set, etc.), but I don't want to check it until Save time.

Any suggestions on this?
 Post Reply Post Reply