FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Startup speed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Startup speed
    Posted: 25-Mar-2011 at 9:54am
midnit,

The DevForce Resource Center went thru a major overhaul and as consequence most URLs have changed.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Silvio.
midnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote midnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2011 at 6:05am
midnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote midnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2011 at 5:57am
For some reason I did not get notified of this reply, sorry for the late "thank you" and I will check these areas.

Edited by midnit - 25-Mar-2011 at 5:58am
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2011 at 1:47pm
First take a look at your server's debug log to see the actual times involved and to see if anything stands out.

"Probing" is likely one area where your startup time can be improved.  By default DevForce will look through all assemblies in the bin folder for everything it needs - which is entity models, DevForce interface implementations, and known types.  If a lot of assemblies are being probed or the elapsed time is long, you can use the CompositionHost.SearchPatterns to control what is searched.  Here's more info - http://drc.ideablade.com/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/CompositionHost

Another area that can cause problems is the first access of the entity model.  If your performance hit is occurring here you can try pre-generating "views" -  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb896240.aspx

Also be sure to set debug="false" in the web.config, and turn off any WCF diagnostics.  You can also try pre-compiling the web application - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb398860.aspx

midnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote midnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2011 at 11:44am
Any recommendations on how to improve startup response time? When you navigate to our silverlight app it takes too much time for things to wake up. Its not the download, or the query speeds, just the startup of the application on the server. I was going to change the settings on the pool to not time out - is this a bad idea? What else can I do? I would like this to take no longer then it does for additional trips to the app.
 Post Reply Post Reply