FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Question about DataSource objects

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about DataSource objects
    Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 11:04am
Shortly after I emailed you, I did the same construction in order to eliminate any kind of data source folder/file thing.  I tested it and it worked great.  I will need to go back to earlier code and try to determine what exactly was creating these files.  It may not even be related to DevForce, so I apologize for my premature cry for help.

IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 11:01am
When I configure a binding source to support a particular binding manager, I just set the DataSource property of the binding source to something that will populate it with the entities of interest.

For example, I might have a line of code that reads:

orderSummaryBindingSource.DataSource = mPm.GetEntities<OrderSummary>();

or perhaps

EntityList<OrderSummary> orders;
orders = mPm.GetEntities<OrderSummary>();
orderSummaryBindingSource.DataSource = orders;

where mPm is a PersistenceManager instance.

I guess I don't understand why you think you need to create distinct DataSource objects to populate binding sources.  If you could explain this to me then perhaps I would better understand your difficulty.

Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 10:59am
I have a model project that I have added as a reference to my UI project.  When I want to setup a bindingsource to a specific business object I have to go through the procedure of creating a new datasource.  This has created a proliferation of datasource objects in my project that I don't really think are necessary (my 'thinking' may be the whole problem).  Couldn't I somehow work around this situation?  I see no data source folders or files anywhere in the Cabana application source code.
 Post Reply Post Reply