New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: The DevForceDataSource control does not appear in the toolbox
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The DevForceDataSource control does not appear in the toolbox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The DevForceDataSource control does not appear in the toolbox
    Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 2:18pm
Read the tutorial.  It shows you how to do this.  In later versions of DevForce, we will install this control into the ToolBox automatically at installation.

Add the DevForceDataSource Control to the ToolBox

Shut down the running app, and return to Visual Studio.  Open the DevForceWeb.aspx web form in Design View, open the ToolBox, right-click inside of the Data tab, and select Choose Items… from the context menu.  (Expect a delay while Visual Studio searches for potential Toolbox components.)

Click the Browse button on the Choose ToolBox Items form; select IdeaBlade.Web.dll from the 06 Common Code \ IdeaBlade.Web\Web\ bin\debug folder, and select Open 

Notice that the DevForceDataSource component is added to the list of .NET Framework components, and is checked.  Select OK on the Choose Toolbox Items dialog to add the DevForceDataSource control to the Data Tab.

Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 2:17pm
I'm trying to build a quick test web page, using the DevForceDataSource control, but it does not appear in the toolbox, nor does it appear in the list of items that can be added to the toolbox.

Below is a list of the items, sorted by namespace that I can add.  (I'm assuming that all the IdeaBlade components are in the IdeaBlade namespace.)
 Post Reply Post Reply