FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] GridBuilder 101

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] GridBuilder 101
    Posted: 21-Sep-2007 at 2:25pm

GridView.OptionsSelection.MultiSelect = true;

No error, but it still does not work.  I am setting this in BuildCore of my custom GridBuilder class right after the call to StyleGridToStandard().  Should I be looking elsewhere?

[EDIT] Use the designer of the GridView...there is a property available for this.

Edited by Linguinut - 30-Oct-2007 at 5:36pm
Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2007 at 1:55pm
The problem isn't that the GridView itself is read-only.  The absence of a setter merely means that you can't replace the entire grid view with some other grid view.

However, the IsMultiSelect property on XtraGridView does appear to be read only.  I'm not an expert on DeveloperExpress, but there must be some other way to set a DevEx GridView to allow multiple selection.
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2007 at 12:41pm
I just spent 30+ minutes trying.  Adding GridView.IsMultiSelect = true fails because the GridView is ReadOnly.

protected GridView GridView { get; }

Maybe that has something to do with it (from DevExGridBuilderBase in IdeaBlade.Cab.DevEx project).  I am just guessing, though.  Hence, the question.
Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2007 at 12:36pm
Have you tried?
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2007 at 12:19pm
How do I edit my custom GridBuilder so that the resulting GridView has a property of IsMultiSelect = true?

Edited by Linguinut - 30-Oct-2007 at 5:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply