New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Can I safely install current DevForce Lite on top of DevForce 3.4.0.3?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Can I safely install current DevForce Lite on top of DevForce 3.4.0.3?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I safely install current DevForce Lite on top of DevForce 3.4.0.3?
    Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 7:54am
Since DevForce Express is a free download, you won't be breaking any licensing agreements by installing it on as many systems as you like.  However, if you had a single Enterprise license, you could only install for a single user.

pnschofield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pnschofield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2007 at 8:54pm
Sorry, I thought you guys might be hip to side-by-side execution.  ;)

Do you have any advice for developers that need to use the Enterprise license for one project and the Express for another?
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2007 at 2:54pm
Of course, you'll have to uninstall DevForce 3.4.0.3 before you can install DevForce 3.5.4.1.

To answer your question, I would say that there is at least 99% chance that you will be able to run your 3.4.0.3 applications on DevForce 3.5.4.1.  I do caution you that you may have to make a few changes to your solutions.  In particular, make sure that all of your IdeaBlade references have a "Specific Version" property of False.

I say a 99%, not 100%, chance of success, because it is possible that there could be a breaking change between one version of DevForce and another.  For DevForce 3.5.4.1, there are no breaking changes.

pnschofield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pnschofield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2007 at 2:23pm
I'm using my home computer to do work for my employer, using DevForce 3.4.0.3, but I'm also starting up a side project which will use DevForce Lite 3.5.4.1, which I've just downloaded.  Is it safe to install DevForce Lite 3.5.4.1 on a machine that already has DevForce 3.4.0.3 installed?

Paul Schofield
 Post Reply Post Reply