FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Cabana in VB?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rclarke View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rclarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cabana in VB?
    Posted: 10-Dec-2007 at 9:12am
Ok, we know you guys are busy and frankly I'm amazed at the amount of stuff you pump out but...

Want it..
I could even say need it...
Definately would use it...

And most definately, looking forward to it!

Thanks for all you do.
Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 10:00am
Duly noted.

A VB version of the Cabana and the IdeaBlade.CAB wizards is definitely on our radar screen.  Unfortunately we aren't able to get to it or even provide a schedule at this time.

Watch this space for further information.

Bill Jensen
bjpoirot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bjpoirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2007 at 12:17am
I vote for it too!
kent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2007 at 1:12pm

Ward, I will! I will! I'll actually use it! Wink

IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2007 at 5:12pm

Answer (by Ward Bell, author of the Cabana app, 10/19/2006):

Actually I did mention VB.

"We will release Visual Basic version soon although we are hampered somewhat by the fact that the Microsoft Patterns and Practices team does not offer yet a VB version of the "Smart Client Software Factory" on which it depends"

They claimed that a VB version was their top priority although I haven't heard anything about it for awhile.

If they don't come through "soon", I'm going to translate the modules that have to be translated.

The good news is that I can leave most of their stuff in C# because you don't need to touch it ... and probably shouldn't. I could translate that too but I'm not sure why I should bother.

The untapped area is the output from the Guidance Automation Tool (GAT).

Personally, I don't use it and most of our customers don't either. They just copy and paste a base-line View/Presenter pair of files and go to town with it. That said, I intend to add a few C# recipes when I feel I have recipes that really work (the ones from SCSF are demos that are inappropriate for enterprise development).

When they get GAT going for VB, I'll make VB recipes as well. If I were you, I wouldn't let the lack of VB recipes stop me now.

So ... VB folks are very much in my thoughts. I'll convert Cabana soon ... and "sooner" if you tell me you'll actually use it.

Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2007 at 5:11pm

Question:

When will there be a version of CAB that supports VB? 

Post Reply Post Reply