FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Verify Navigation Properties

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CaptainOrgange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CaptainOrgange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Verify Navigation Properties
    Posted: 20-Oct-2011 at 4:08am
Hi.

I am trying to verify my properties before calling the Save method. I do this be ensuring the the object belongs to the EntotyManager, then I call the VerifierEngine.Execute() method. This works great for entities having no navigation properties.

As an example. I have a Person model, and a Car model. My Person model can have allot of cars,and a Car can only have one Person, i.e. The Person is a Navigation Property for the Car Model. 
Now I want to have a quick admin screen, where you type the person name,surname and the car make and model. Then the application should save the Car and the Person. This I got working. But now I want to validate before the EntityManager.Save is called, how can I do this.

When I try to validate the Car is validated //** VerifierEngine.Execute(instance of car) **/, but the Person properties is not verified. But when I call EntityManager.SaveChanges, then the Person is validated, i want to do this before the save.

Any ideas welcome

Edited by CaptainOrgange - 20-Oct-2011 at 4:12am
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2011 at 12:34pm
Hi CaptainOrgange,

You could execute the verifier engine against the Person as well:

VerifierEngine.Execute(aCar)
VerifierEngine.Execute(aCar.Person)

Regards,
   Silvio
 Post Reply Post Reply