FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Update/Delete Statement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vonzkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vonzkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update/Delete Statement
    Posted: 06-Aug-2012 at 12:09am
Hi,

Is there a plan or workaround in Devforce to have an Update or Delete Statement without bringing up first all the entities to modify or delete?

Just like here in this discussion:

Thanks,
Von
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2012 at 11:11am
Vonzkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vonzkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2012 at 10:27pm
Hi Silvio,

Thanks for the reply. 

However, what we want to accomplish in our Architecture is being Database Agnostic.
Meaning, we only want to write LINQ to Devforce in our Business Rules codes and Devforce/EntityFramework will handle it for us in connecting to a different database.
The problem is that if we create some SP for SQL Server, we will repeat all those scripts and convert to Oracle for instance, we don't want that to happen.

So what I'm asking is that, do you think in the future releases of Devforce or Entity Framework, you guys will develop an Update or Delete functionality without querying first the entities needed?
Our primary concern right now is performance and being database agnostic.

Btw: 

We want to be database agnostic because we want our prospects or clients to use their existing resources or having the freedom to choose whatever database they want to (SQL Server is default) without affecting our codes and I believe that's what EF4 and Devforce comes into play. :)

Thanks,
Von
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2012 at 3:13pm
Hi Von,

Unfortunatelly, we don't have any plans on supporting such features on DevForce 2010. (note that EF 4.0 does not support it and DevForce "runs" on top of EF)

In the furure, we might have such feature on DevForce 2012, that is, considering what EF 5.0 features will be.

Regards,
   Silvio.
Vonzkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vonzkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2012 at 7:17pm
Hi Silvio,

Sad to say that's a very important feature I believe and I hope Entity Framework team will consider that :(

Thanks,
Von
 Post Reply Post Reply