FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Cabana App help document

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gussabina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gussabina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cabana App help document
    Posted: 01-Dec-2007 at 9:16pm
Hi:
I would like to reproduce the Cabana App in order to learn about it...Does anyone have a help document about the necessary steps to have this app made? I mean, what types of templates were used in each case, and the explanations about each step?

Regards;
Gus
gussabina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gussabina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2007 at 9:44am

For example:

- How to add the Order/OrderDetail Tab in the SalesRep module using a template (ViewCOntrol or DataGridCOntrol ..). I seems like it should be make only with code, not template-based?

-For some reason, I would like to include a link in the NavBar to a Page without the BindingManager and the NavigationBar..Suppose I just want a Summary/Detais Page (with tabbed details views) but I would only use buttons, texboxes and labels... If I use the available templates, all of them include the NavigatorBar at the top and ask for a Root Entity... I saw something similar about what I want in the Splash project, but I don,t know how to reproduce it...

Thanks in Advance!
Gus
Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2007 at 4:14pm

Hi Gus,

Actually, Cabana came first as a reference application, then we extracted the non-application-specific stuff into the IdeaBlade.Cab libraries, then we produced the wizards.  We've made sure that Cabana is wizard-compliant (i.e., you can use the wizards to add new modules, pages and views to Cabana) but Cabana was not created using the wizards.

Unfortunately, we don't yet have step-by-step help or tutorials for building IdeaBlade.Cab applications.  The best we can offer is:

The Getting Started guide

The guidance html files displayed at the conclusion of wizard execution (and available in the \Guidance solution folder of apps created with the application wizard)

The documents available on the Cabana page of our website

Threads in this forum

David Platt's book "Programming Microsoft Composite UI Application Block and Smart Client Software Factory" available here:

Rich Newman's Intro to Cab:

Hope this keeps you going.

Bill Jensen
IdeaBlade
Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2007 at 4:30pm
The templates and wizards are designed help with common tasks in building an application in the style of Cabana.  There are many other things you'll need to do to in code to build an application.

The Order/OrderDetail page on in the SalesRep module uses a Master/Detail view within the detail tab page.  We currently don't have a wizard to create this page layout, so you'd have to create a Search/Summary/Detail page in your application, then copy and modify the Master/Detail view from Cabana.

If you really want a page without the structure of those produced by the wizards, you'll need to create it in code.  Yes, the Splash project is a good place to start--copy the necessary files into your application, change names and namespaces and modify them to your needs.

Bill J.
 Post Reply Post Reply