FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Asp: refreshing Model.Web + paging

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AlexG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asp: refreshing Model.Web + paging
    Posted: 11-Jan-2008 at 5:50am
Hi there,

Two web developement questions here:

Question 1. Is it possible to refresh Model.Web in Visual Studio after creating a new Adapter.Manager?

(Using an WebApplication project with dev Force 3.5.5.1)

Visual Studio show the following message in the entityType propertie field:

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
Could not load type 'Model.Web.IncidentDetailAdapterManager' from assembly 'Model.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
OK  
After an restart of visual studio is works as intented.

Question 2. Is the following statement true? 

The AspDatasource doesn't support "real" paging (only retrieve the rows from the database which are shown)? because the AspDataSourceView.CanPage always returns false.

Thanks in advance.

davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2008 at 10:09am
(1)  I am not sure what you mean by creating a new AdapterManager.  Each AdapterManager is created as needed in the constructor for that AdapterManager.  It also inherits from EntityAdapterManager and must execute the constructir code for the EntityAdapterManager as well.  You cannot  create a new AdapterManager that bypasses these constructors.

(2)  I do not know what you mean by "real" paging.  In the AspDataSource tutorial, I set AllowPaging in the mOrdersGridVierw to be True.

Edited by davidklitzke - 11-Jan-2008 at 10:36am
DeLight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DeLight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2008 at 11:14am

I think "real paging" means "SQL Server side paging"

Edited by DeLight - 11-Jan-2008 at 11:15am
AlexG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2008 at 4:48am

Thanks for the quick replies.

(2) Indeed SQL Server side paging is where I’m referring to.

(1) Figured some sort of a workaround, but here are the steps to reproduce:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the completed asp.datasource tutorial solution (vb)

2. Check whether the existing asp.datasources showing the correct entitytypes (True).

3. Add a new ShipperAdapterManager

4. Rebuild

5. Add a new aspdatasource to the DevForceWeb webform

6. When choosing the OrderAdapterManager (an existing one) in the configure datasource dialog the entity type shows "Order" in the properties of the aspDataSource.

7. If you choose The new Shipper Adapter Manager you get the following error in the aspdatasource entityproperty.

Could not load type 'Web.Model.ShipperAdapterManager' from assembly 'Web.Model, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

The strange part is after restarting visual studio or changing the assembly name of the aspdatasource to web.model (without the version etc.) it works.

My theory is that the assembly remains loaded in memory and restarting VS or changing the assemblyname helps.

Makes sense?

ps. an dedicated asp forum would be appreciated.

davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2008 at 9:33am
This is standard ASP.NET behavior.

If you radically change your ASP.NET application, it may not work any more.  To fix this, restart IIS (or the application pool to which it belongs).
Murray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2008 at 9:31pm
I'm also experiencing the same problem. Very frustrating as I would have assumed that rebuilding the solution would work.

...and I'd also like to see an ASP forum section.
 Post Reply Post Reply