FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DevEX GridBuilder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rclarke View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rclarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DevEX GridBuilder
    Posted: 17-Oct-2008 at 1:49pm
Back in the days of Funhouse, the source included a GridBuilder class that could be used at runtime to build a grid but it only supported WinForms Grid. Is there a version of this source available for use with DevEx grids?

Thanks...
GregD View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote GregD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2008 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by rclarke

Back in the days of Funhouse, the source included a GridBuilder class that could be used at runtime to build a grid but it only supported WinForms Grid. Is there a version of this source available for use with DevEx grids?

Thanks...

There might be something in Cabana: I don't know whether it uses DevEx or not.  But my suggestion would be to make your own - it's not that hard, and you'll know what you have when you finish.

I did one recently for a DevForce EF app -- again, just for the WinForms grid. I defined, in addition to the GridBuilder class, a GridSpecifier class. In an instance of GridSpecifier I set properties specifying all the things I wanted to customize about the grid (including which properties of which type to display). Then I pass that to the GridBuilder constructor and it does the rest.

If you want the code for that, send an email to support@ideablade.com, attention Greg.  It's fairly simple, shows you the basic idea, and you can take it wherever you want to go from there.

Post Reply Post Reply