New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: where do the business logics locate? where is the BOS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

where do the business logics locate? where is the BOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
monkeyking View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote monkeyking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: where do the business logics locate? where is the BOS
    Posted: 04-Mar-2009 at 7:03am
when i watch the tutorials, i think the business logics are in the client side, aren't they? so the domain folder is in the client side and the modification will made on the entities.

by the way, does the BOS contain business logic? where can i see the BOS in my solution, which project is the BOS?
smi-mark View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote smi-mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2009 at 8:49am
In an N-Tier solution the business logic exists on both sides (client and server), if you are really concerned about "bad" data getting in, further security can be performed on the server side only. The BOS uses the same model that the UI uses, you reference the model in the app.config/ideblade.ibconfig on the server side. IdeaBlade provides methods of using the BOS, as a console app, IIS service or windows service. To set one up quickly just make a BOS folder, copy in the ServerConsole.exe from the DevForce directory, and your dll files (DomainModel and ServerModel) and adjust the ProbeAssemblyNames in the config to reference that DomainModel so that the BOS knows about it.
monkeyking View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote monkeyking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2009 at 10:41pm
I have downloaded Devforce EF and try to use it, but still feel uncertain abt the framework.

for example, we want to put business logic in the server side, so both winform client and webpage client can use the same business logic in the server side, i'm a bit confusing which project folders will be used in the server side that the business logics can locate. currently we have the projects of domain model, apphelper, ado.net entity framework and UI, so which project is the proper place to put business logics and can be used in the serverside for both pc clients and web clients.

thx for replying Mark
smi-mark View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote smi-mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2009 at 8:22am
In the new version of DevForce EF (Released yesterday) you don't need AppHelper anymore, a basic application at the bare minimum will consist of:

Server:

ServerModel (This is your Entity Framework edmx project)
DomainModel (DevForce EF's generated model)

Client: (You do not need the ServerModel in the client if running n-tier)
DomainModel
UI Project / Web Project

Business logic goes inside the DomainModel.
 Post Reply Post Reply