FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

VS 2010 Support?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
smi-mark View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote smi-mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VS 2010 Support?
    Posted: 10-Aug-2009 at 7:45am
Does DevForce WinClient support the VS 2010 beta? I wanted to check out the features in the upcoming EF 2.

All of our DevForce apps are still using classic, we have looked into EF but the Microsoft EDM Designer is just HORRIBLE for mapping large models. It doesn't seem to pick up all mapped relationships, and is horrible to maintain, unlike the DevForce classic mapper which is just amazing by comparison.

If not, do you have any suggestions/documents on how to work better with the Microsoft EDM designer? In our existing database we have some tables that are related by multiple columns (AccountId, Year as an example) and the designer doesn't seem to pick all of them up.

Thanks!
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2009 at 9:48am
DevForce WinClient hasn't been certified against VS2010.  We do plan to release a version of DevForce which takes advantage of the new features in VS2010, and specifically EF 4.0, at about the same time VS2010 goes RTM. 

I'd check out the MSDN forums for suggestions on working with (or around) the EDM designer.  I hadn't heard about the issue with multiple foreign keys, but MS may have an answer for it.  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adodotnetentityframework/threads

Post Reply Post Reply