FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Saving Process

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saving Process
    Posted: 07-Jun-2010 at 12:16pm
What is the process for saving to the database? When EntityServerSaveInterceptor called? Is there a method that runs after the save is completed? When does IIdGenerator translate the Id's?

The reason I ask.
I am upgrading from classic to winclient. In classic the entity had the savesecuritycheck (etc.). Now they are ran at the server one time and one class. In classic I created auditvalues for auditentities (basetype) in the SaveSecurityCheck class. Now I have to run it from the EntityServerSaveInterceptor.

The problem is that the Id's haven't been translated yet. So my Id column is say -x rather then the new Id. I need the id to to save it to auditvalues.

Where can I run this in order to get the correct Id's?
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2010 at 12:37pm
You can fix up the ids by calling the ForceIdFixup method of the EntityManager.
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2010 at 12:43pm
Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply