FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ClickOnce deployment security problem?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chuckc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote chuckc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ClickOnce deployment security problem?
    Posted: 28-Apr-2010 at 4:33pm
Has anyone been seeing problems with ClickOnce deployment with DevForce 2010?

We had a preliminary clickonce working earlier with DF 2009, but now with 2010 we're seeing the following:
Inheritance security rules violated by type: 'iCatalyst.DomainModel.iCatalystEntityManager'. Derived types must either match the security accessibility of the base type or be less accessible.
where iCatalyst.DomainModel.iCatalystEntityManager' is my derived entity manger.  Nothing fancy either; purely generated code, nothing added to a partial, no tweaks.

Clickonce actually successfully installs the app - it will launch just fine from the installed directory.  The above error message shows up only when you attempt to run from the clickonce installed icon on the desktop.

Perhaps there's some connection to this?  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd233102(VS.100).aspx

Thanks for any help.
WardBell View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote WardBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2010 at 10:45am
Never seen it before nor have heard of it before nor have I imagined how you got here.

Before we dig in, are you running in Windows 7 or Vista? I'm smelling an O/S security bar here.

Is it possible that the assemblies are "locked"? Go to the assemblies that are in the installed directory and check their Properties (right-click on the dll file).  Are you offered the opportunity to "Unlock" them? If so, press "Unlock" and try again.

Look at the IdeaBlade assemblies especially.

Is DevForce installed on the target machine? Does it make a difference? If so, check the assemblies in the GAC too.

I admit I'm fishing. Let us know if this is the answer ... and then we'll know where to look next to prevent it from happening.

If it isn't, we'll be asking you to send us your ClickOnce installer. Don't do that through the forum; please do that through IdeaBlade support.
 Post Reply Post Reply