New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Making a custom data converter visible in DevForce designers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Making a custom data converter visible in DevForce designers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making a custom data converter visible in DevForce designers
    Posted: 20-Jul-2007 at 12:13pm
I have a custom data converter that I would like to have available in the DevForce designers.  How do I make it available in the designers?
pkarsh View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote pkarsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2007 at 12:25pm
The steps to do this are as follows:
1. Place the custom data converter class file into a project that creates an assembly that will be referenced by the project that uses the DevForce designer components. This can be the UI project itself.
2. Compile the assembly. If you have added the converter class file to the UI project, close Visual Studio before compiling.
3. Re-open the design view of the form project of interest (the one that is using the DevForce designers). The custom converter should now appear in the list of converters that are appropriate for the data type supported by the converter. For example, a custom data converter that works against boolean data should appear in a list of converters available for a property of data type boolean.
 Post Reply Post Reply