FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Breaking Changes 5.2.1 -> 5.2.2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote oldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breaking Changes 5.2.1 -> 5.2.2
    Posted: 22-Sep-2009 at 8:42am
Hi,

I've recently upgraded to SL 5.2.2 My application was based on the Prism Explorer sample. It was working great with 5.2.1 but since I upgraded to 5.2.2 I cannot connect to any of the services. Typically, I'm using

em.LoginAsync(credentials, args => LoginCallback(args, em), null);

but it fails almost immediately. It worked before my upgrade, looked at the breaking changes in the installation guide but no luck.

Anyone else experienced this?
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2009 at 11:03am
Make sure that the references to DevForce assemblies in all your projects are correct.  For your web project, the DevForce references should also be marked as Copy Local.  Be sure to do a full clean and rebuild. 

Also check your web.config - Prism Explorer includes an unnecessary <add assembly> element for IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Server.  You can either remove this element (make sure this assembly is in the project references though), or make sure that the version number is correct.

To test that the service will start, open http://machine:port/EntityService.svc (eg, http://localhost:9009/EntityService.svc) from your browser.  If the page opens without displaying an error, then your service is running and you should be able to connect from the client.

oldie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote oldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2009 at 1:33am
Thanks kimj your advice was spot on. I had deleted and re-referenced the assemblies but Copy Local was false and didn't spot it,  now working again.

Once again thanks for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply