FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Demo: FirstSilverlightApp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ArthurVanRijn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArthurVanRijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Demo: FirstSilverlightApp
    Posted: 16-Jun-2009 at 12:07pm
Hello sir,

I am trying the hardest to get this DevForce example up and running, but no luck so far. I tested it on three different systems now, but the follow message is trying to put me down when I press the connect button in the silverlight application:

The HTTP request to 'http://localhost/FirstSilverlightAppWeb4/EntityService.svc' has exceeded the allotted timeout. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.

This is the one I am trying:
C:\Program Files\IdeaBlade DevForce\Learning Units\Silverlight-Only\100 Fundamentals\040 First Silverlight Application\03 Code Samples\CS\FirstSilverlightApp\FirstSilverlightApp

I hope there is an answer to this, I am very exited about your product.

Anyway regards from Holland, Amsterdam

Arthur van Rijn
BI Consultant

davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2009 at 3:23pm
Do you have CopyLocal set correctly in your web project?

The Copy Local property on DevForce references in the web project must be set to true for the apps to run properly. If it isn’t, the app will be unable to connect with the server.

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArthurVanRijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2009 at 1:41am
Hello Sir,

Thank you for your reply.
I checked my project with your suggestion and yes all my CopyLocal were allready set correctly to true.

It still doesn't work.

The HTTP request to 'http://localhost/FirstSilverlightAppWeb/EntityService.svc' has exceeded the allotted timeout. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.

Regards,

Arthur van Rijn
BI Consult
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2009 at 11:02am
Hi Arthur,

Since you're having problems with this sample, why not try the "Four Simple Steps" tutorial, which has a better walkthrough of the steps needed to get a Silverlight application running. 

If this sample doesn't work either, then can you tell us your OS and which version of DevForce you're using.

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArthurVanRijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2009 at 3:48am
Hello sir,

I must confess I tried devforce Silverlight example on Windows7.
Now I am on Windows2003 and it works like a charm.

Thanks for the tip.

Regards,

Arthur
 Post Reply Post Reply