FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DevForce 7.2.2 / PostSharp 3.0.39.x

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
irishbuddha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote irishbuddha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DevForce 7.2.2 / PostSharp 3.0.39.x
    Posted: 25-Nov-2013 at 3:49pm
Trying to build, and generate views, for a CodeFirst model, after updating DevForce from 7.2.1 to 7.2.2

If I don't install PostSharp 3.0.40, I can't build, but If I install that, then I get errors trying to generate views saying it can't find PostSharp 3.0.39.9. The current error trying to build is :

Error 31 Assembly 'IdeaBlade.Aop, Version=7.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=287b5094865421c0' uses 'PostSharp, Version=3.0.39.9, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b13fd38b8f9c99d7' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'PostSharp, Version=3.0.39.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b13fd38b8f9c99d7'

Tried updating PostSharp to that specific version via Package Manager shell, no joy as it doesn't find a match. PostSharp's website 

Entity Framework 5

Anyone successfully gotten to 7.2.2 and have everything working? Anything you found that I'm just not seeing that needs to be done as part of the update? I've gone through and ensured that all projects are referencing the right version (there was one that was still referencing 3.0.33.5 after the initial update, that's now corrected as well as its packages.config)

kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2013 at 5:08pm
PostSharp released an update a few days after the 7.2.2 DevForce release, which was built using PostSharp 3.0.39.  You can first install this version from the Package Manager console and then install IdeaBlade.DevForce.Aop. 

From the console:   install-package postsharp -version 3.0.39
irishbuddha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote irishbuddha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2013 at 5:34am
Sometimes it's the simple things at the end of the day that will get you.

Thanks kimj, uninstalling both packages, and then installing PostSharp 3.0.39 first, then IdeaBlade.DevForce.Aop worked.
I had been doing it in the reverse order, with Aop first, and that seems to have been the culprit. Both building and view generation are working properly.
 Post Reply Post Reply