FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Error creating DevFroce Silverlight project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bigfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error creating DevFroce Silverlight project
    Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 7:28pm
Having trouble creating first project using Four Simple Steps getting started document.

Running Visual Studio Team System 2008 sp1 installed.
Silverlight 3 beta and Silverlight 3 Toolkit installed.
Expression Blend 3 Preview installed.
Then DevForce Silverlight RC1 installed

Vista Ultimate 32 bit with sp1.

Cannot create a new project based on DevFroce Silverlight template as the following error occurs:

Have double checked VSsp1 installed prior to DevForce Silverlight installation, but still no luck.

Any help greatly appreciated.

kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2009 at 9:17am

A message similar to that is displayed when Silverlight 3 Beta is not installed, but since you do have SL3 Beta I'm not sure what's wrong.  Are you able to create a standard (non-DevForce) Silverlight Application without problems? 

bigfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2009 at 5:06pm
Thanks kimj, problem solved.

I uninstalled all refereces to Silverlight SDKs and toolkits then reinstalled just Silverlight 3 Tools and toolkit, and now DevForce Silverlight project can be created successfully.

There was no option to create a straight Silverlight option in Visual Studio previously, so you were right on the money there.

I must have got the original install sequence incorrect.  Perhas VS2008 was not at sp1 prior to Silverlight 3 tools being installed, though I thought it was.

Thanks for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply