FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

EF NoTracking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sinnema View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sinnema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EF NoTracking
    Posted: 21-Mar-2010 at 12:47am
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the EF NoTracking together with DevForce?

Regards
Paul Sinnema
Diartis AG
Senior Developer at Diartis AG in Switzerland.
WardBell View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote WardBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2010 at 12:24pm
What is your objective?

I sense you are trying to wring some extra perf out of something. In my experience, bigger gains are to be had elsewhere.

The direct answer to your question is "We need EF tracking in DevForce 2009 ... we do not use it at all in DevForce 2010." 

In DF 2010, we don't use the EF entities and EF code generation is turned off by default.  We bypass EF entities and go direct to DevForce entities. Yes, there is some perf improvement by cutting out the middle man; how much I do not know.

You can turn EF code generation on if you wish. There are good reasons to do this ... for example, you may want to see what EF would do with a query or you may wish to use some external tool that consumes EF entities. If you decide to turn EF code gen on, I recommend that you do so in an assembly that you can isolate from your main DevForce model code base.
 Post Reply Post Reply