FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

attempting evaluation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Johns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Johns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: attempting evaluation
    Posted: 19-Aug-2009 at 11:26am
I am attempting to use the downloaded win client devforce tool to evaluate it's use against Sybase on Solarius.  I switched to classic but was advised to use winclient so I switched back.  Now I cannot get a data model built against Sybase version 15.02.
If I can't test I cannot reccomend this tool even if the documentation is truly awsome!!

Help would be appreciated.

davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2009 at 9:36am

The WinClient Installation Guide says that DevForce WinClient supports all databases that support the Microsoft Entity Framework including Sybase SQL Anywhere.  Hower note that the WinClient Installation Guide makes no claim that Sybase ASE is supported.

Currently, I can find no evidence that Sybase will support Sybase ASE on the Microsoft Entity Framework.  You might want to contact Sybase and find out what their plans are in this area.

Another alternative is to find a third party vendor that has a provider that supports Sybase ASE on the Entity Framework.  It appears that DataDirect may have such a provider:

Here is a post that you may also find helpful:

Edited by davidklitzke - 20-Aug-2009 at 9:42am
 Post Reply Post Reply