FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Active client sessions in BOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sebma View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote sebma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Active client sessions in BOS
    Posted: 07-Jan-2010 at 6:32pm

Hi All,

Is there is an easy way to check how many "simultaneous client sessions" are active in BOS?

Thanks
Seb
WardBell View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote WardBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2010 at 10:09am
Looking into it. My suspicion is that this is an IIS thing but I can think of some simple instrumentation you could add that might work as well. Stay tuned.
sebma View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote sebma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2010 at 1:30pm
Well, not only for clients connected to BOS hosted in IIS, but also Windows Service BOS (ServerServices.exe or ServerConsole.exe)

Thanks
Sebastian
WardBell View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote WardBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2010 at 4:07pm

The BOS does know the number of active users (as we count them) but does not expose that number today. We are looking at adding a feature to make that number available.

You can track who/how many users login and logout by implementing the IEntityLoginManager. No obvious way to decrement the count when someone just hangs up or crashes. We "time out" inactive users (after 30 minutes by default) but we don't tell you when.

You can guess when folks are timed-out. But that means keeping your own session table (hooking login/logout) and monitoring activity through the other interceptors so you can "time them out" yourself. I wouldn't want to have to do this myself.

Hope you can hang in there while we think of something.

Post Reply Post Reply