FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

NuGet update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
smi-mark View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote smi-mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NuGet update
    Posted: 04-Apr-2013 at 6:56am
After updating from 7.1.0 to 7.1.1 I noticed the targets in the .csproj file didn't get updated they still showed 7.1.0

<Import Project="..\..\..\..\..\..\packages\IdeaBlade.DevForce.Aop.7.1.0\tools\IdeaBlade.DevForce.Common.targets" Condition="Exists('..\..\..\..\..\..\packages\IdeaBlade.DevForce.Aop.7.1.0\tools\IdeaBlade.DevForce.Common.targets')" />

Is it possible to have the NuGet update correct this or will this be a manual process when updating?
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2013 at 10:57am
NuGet should update the .csproj files properly.

I've just tried and found no issues.

Have you cleaned/rebuilt the projects?
smi-mark View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote smi-mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2013 at 2:38pm
Yes, a few times, maybe the update didn't complete right. I'll keep an eye on it the next time we update
kdev View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote kdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2013 at 12:03am
i had the same issue
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2013 at 9:34am
kdev and smi-mark,

A few additional things that might help us reproduce the problem:

What version of NuGet are you using?
How are you upgrading the NuGet packages? (i.e. via UI or Package Manager Console)

I'm using NuGet 2.2.40116.9051 and in both UI and Console the .csproj files are updated properly.

One more question: If you uninstall the package, is the .csproj file updated properly? Or does the issue happen in this case too?

Edited by sbelini - 05-Apr-2013 at 9:34am
kdev View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote kdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2013 at 3:55pm
Hi sbelini,

Sorry for not answering, I missed your reply.

I am currently upgrading to DF 7.1.2 and Cocktail 2.3 and I just got the same issue, the imports are in 7.1.1 instead of 7.1.2.
I am using Nuget UI 2.5.40416.9020 and I started to update the cocktail package, if that matters.

smi-mark View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote smi-mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2013 at 6:33am
I upgraded to 7.1.2 and my imports appeared to have updated to 7.1.2.

I am wondering if it had something to do with my previous issue when I had the beta version installed still? Since fixing that I haven't had any issues.

http://www.ideablade.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4119&KW=&title=nuget-issue

Post Reply Post Reply