FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Undo Delete

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cjohnson84 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote cjohnson84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Undo Delete
    Posted: 08-Jul-2010 at 12:10pm
I have an observable collection that is bound to a datagrid.  I have a templated column that contains a "Delete" button for each row.  When the user clicks the "Delete" button for a specific row the entity is "marked" for deletion.  Programmatically I do this with the following line:

entity.EntityAspect.Delete();

Eventually when the user clicks a "Save" button the entity is truly deleted from the database.

My question is, once a row in the datagrid is marked for deletion I would like to be able to allow the user to click the "Delete" button again to "undo" the delete operation.

How do I achieve this?

I was looking at

entity.EntityAspect.AcceptChanges()

this sets the state of the entity to "Detached" though...I want set the state of the entity back to "Unchanged" as if it was never touched at all but EntityState is read only.
smi-mark View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote smi-mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2010 at 12:21pm
entity.EntityAspect.RejectChanges()
Robert R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Robert R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2010 at 8:40am
Is there any way to undo only the deletion without rejecting all changes to the entity?

I have a situation similar to the original post.  If the user made changes to properties of the entity, but then deletes it and then undeletes it, I would like those property changes to still be in effect.

sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2010 at 10:23am
Hi,

You could AcceptChanges before Delete'ing the entity. Later, if you need to undelete the entity, you would use SetModified.

A drawback is that, if you undelete, once you SaveChanges, that entity will be "resaved". (i.e. travel accross the wire)

I hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply