FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Data Binding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dave S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dave S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Data Binding
    Posted: 07-Nov-2007 at 1:09pm
Hi, newbie here! I've followed all the steps through the Hello, devForce chapter and have a functioning project... except the data binding doesn't show in the text boxes! The binding navigator knows there are 11 records and the vcr controls appear to be working - but the data is just not showing on the form! Any ideas? Thanks, Dave
krugerm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote krugerm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2007 at 10:57pm
*laff*

I've just posted about this myself - please let me know if you find a solution!
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2007 at 9:37am
I could guess what is causing your problem (e.g., you forgot to set the BindingSource in your ControlBindingManager), but if that guess is incorrect, I would recommend that you look at the Beginning tutorial on "Populating a WinForm".  Compare your non-working solution to the working solution in this tutorial.
krugerm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote krugerm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2007 at 5:58pm
Solved!

FYI: BindingSource was OK on the CBM & all my settings were identical to the tutorial.

Eventually I uninstalled DevForce, downloaded & installed the latest version, rebuilt the project (removed & re-added all references to the IdeaBlade assemblies), deleted the CBM, created a new one with the old settings, et voila!  It is now all working as advertised. :D

mike
 Post Reply Post Reply