FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Order View

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thamaluk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote thamaluk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Order View
    Posted: 14-Oct-2007 at 4:35pm
Looking through the Cabana sample app,  I noticed that when I double clicked in the order grid a detail window would open.  I started looking through solution explorer and noticed the Order View view, but I don't understand a few things.

Where will I find the code that handles the double click in the grid ?

Can you please explain the process to create a form like the order view

The project SharedEditor can you please explain the purpose of this project.

Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2007 at 1:44pm
Where will I find the code that handles the double click in the grid ?

This is a fairly complex process involving stuff in the IdeaBlade.Cab libraries as well as the Cabana application.

The actual event from the GridView is fielded by a GridViewAdapter (in IdeaBlade.Cab.Interface) and causes issuing of a RowDoubleClick command.  This is fielded in a view controller (the Cabana example is the MasterDetailTabViewController).

Can you please explain the process to create a form like the order view.

Look in the OrderEditorController where AddNewSummaryView<OrderView>() is called.  Right click and go to the definition to see what actually happens.

The project SharedEditor can you please explain the purpose of this project.

This is intended as an example showing how a popup editor for an entity can be shared by multiple invocation sites by using an EditorService.  If you edit an order from one location, then edit the same order from another location, you are taken to the same editor instance so you don't end up making conflicting changes.
 Post Reply Post Reply