FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Exceeding Save SQL Statements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*Calsy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote *Calsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exceeding Save SQL Statements
    Posted: 06-Apr-2009 at 3:25pm
Hi All, In one of the early versions we established that we needed to shorten the length of some of our text (nvarchar) fields on the form (from 4000 to 1500) because if the User filled up a few of the text boxes when the Persistence Manager went to save the information away to the database it would fail because it would exceed the sql string size.

This doesn't seem to occur anymore. Am I correct to say that this was fixed/changed?

Thanks
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2009 at 6:37pm
Matthew, I don't actually remember this bug.  We did make a recent change with the 8000 character limit on data source only queries (where the query expression text exceeded the limit) but I'm not sure if that's the problem you saw previously.  If you're not seeing the issue now I guess that's good news, but if you need more affirmation, do you remember the time frame you saw and/or reported the problem?
 Post Reply Post Reply