FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Tripping on 4 simple steps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
winnow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote winnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tripping on 4 simple steps
    Posted: 24-Jul-2009 at 10:03am
I have a couple of questions after trying to complete the 4 simple steps application.

Silverlight 3 is installed, and likewise silverlight tools and the silverlight toolkit, plus the DevForce Silverlight 5.2.1.

I was working from the pdf at http://www.ideablade.com/PDF/Silverlight4SimpleSteps.pdf and was having a heck of a time with the app.config error and the MainPage xaml before I just this second found that the pdf that is installed for four simple steps on my box is more current. So I guess the website pdf is out of date.

When I get that message, so far I've always clicked Yes. Sometime after that the Web project goes missing. VS gives me a message that the project can't be located or something of that order, and then disables the Web project. This has happened each time I've built out four simple steps, except for the last time...not sure if it will go south on me this time or not.

I was also going to mention that the website pdf at page 17 was incomplete but I see that's been changed in the revised pdf I have locally.  What I was doing to work around that was using the xaml from the tutorial solution (vb version). But this is where the show stops - breaks badly because my project does not have the references like system.windows.controls (as the updated pdf does mention). I tried to add those refs but they are missing in my installation. I'm simply looking in the Add Reference dialog, the .Net tab. Seems like a rather basic item to have gone missing <g>. I have the vs2010 beta installed, although I'm using vs2008 for this app, if that might be a factor?

Perhaps the fact that I created all four of my four steps solutions based on the out of date pdf is contributing to these issues, I'll check that out.

Aside from these issues, the four simple steps document is very helpful.
GregD View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote GregD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2009 at 10:53am
The webmaster thought he had taken down the link to that page, knowing it was out of date. But at any rate, he's in the process of putting the page back up, with the current version of the article; so it will be there soon.

Please let us know if you have any issues with the new version.
GregD View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote GregD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2009 at 11:25am
New version of article now on web site.
 Post Reply Post Reply