FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How to Recover Lost Bindings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Recover Lost Bindings
    Posted: 06-Jun-2007 at 1:15pm

Question:

I somehow lost some of my bindings to the Control Binding Manager. How can I restore them?

IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2007 at 1:41pm

Answer:

Here is an example where the bindings to “City” are lost.

The good news is that you can usually recover your bindings.  To do this, do the following steps:

1. Bring up the "Configure Bindings" form.  Make sure that you have the “Existing Bindings” tab selected.

2. You may or may not find “City” in the list of Existing Bindings.  If you do see “City”, proceed to step 3.  Otherwise, drag “City” from the “Properties” list on the left side of the form to the list of Existing Bindings.

3. Your form should look like this.  Note that for the “City” binding, the Control Type is blank and the Control Name is equal to “[None]”.

4. Click into the Control Name column of City. You should see a drop down list. Pick the appropriate control (in this case "CityTextBox").

5. Once you’ve assigned cityTextBox as the Control Name, your “City” binding should look like this.

6.Click the OK button to exit the “Configure Bindings” Form.  Build and rerun your application.  Your “City” binding has been restored.

Edited by IdeaBlade - 06-Jun-2007 at 1:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply