FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Why no side by side install option?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
johneevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote johneevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why no side by side install option?
    Posted: 01-Jun-2009 at 6:17am
Hi,

We are currently using DevForce Classic. I would like to try DevForce Silverlight but your requirement to uninstall prior versions makes this difficult to do.

Mind you I would be testing the Silverlight version on my own time, this is not something that my employer has asked me to do. So for example when I take lunch and want to spend sometime trying out the Silverlight version, I would need to uninstall the Classic version, install Silverlight, do some testing, uninstall Silverlight and reinstall Classic all in an hour. Obviously this is not a very efficient, or safe, way of trying things.

I do not have access to a virtual machine either, so that is not an option.

Is there any other way I accomplish this safely and efficiently?
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2009 at 8:41am
There was no side by side install option with RC1, but the latest version of Silverlight (5.1.0) will run side-by-side with DevForce Classic.  Be careful with the DevForce Classic UI assemblies, as it is possible to get two different versions of these assemblies.
johneevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote johneevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2009 at 9:15am
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

If that's the case then, the documentation for RC2 needs to be updated as it still states that you need to uninstall previous versions.

Post Reply Post Reply