New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Exception: Store update, insert, or delete statement...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Exception: Store update, insert, or delete statement...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rasmus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rasmus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exception: Store update, insert, or delete statement...
    Posted: 23-Aug-2012 at 12:22am
Hi

My Silverlight customers sometimes experience the following error:

This happens when they try to update an entity. When the error occurs, subsequent calls, trying to update the entity again, all fails and the user is forced to close the browser and reload the app.

As I understand this error it is related to concurrency issues, but the entities in my EM all have their concurrency strategy set to "None", so how is this error possible?

I have tried to reproduce the error by manually changing a property of an entity(row) directly in the DB, just before saving the entity, but I am not able to reproduce the error. This is also how I would expect the system to behave since concurrency strategy is set to none - but somehow the error occurs to my customers running the system. This is not a frequent error, but very annoying.

Do you have any suggestions as to what could be the problem?

Best regards,
Rasmus
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2012 at 12:57pm
Hi Rasmus,

The only reason we could think of is if the record in question has already been deleted in the database.

Regards,
   Silvio.
 Post Reply Post Reply