FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Push Notifications

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mbevins1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbevins1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Push Notifications
    Posted: 15-Mar-2010 at 10:52am
I am testing Push Notifications using your 300WNF_ServerPushNotification example and have a question.  In this example, how can I pass unique arguments to the order watcher?  Mainly, what I need to due is create unique services for each operation, so if someone from operation 1 is logged in and subscribes to the NewOrderService, the CheckForNewOrders only looks for operation 1 orders, then if someone from operation 2 is logged in also, they only get operation 2 orders.

What I thought about doing, is creating a unique service key for each operation and then passing it to the neworderservice so it knows which orders to look for but I haven't been able to figure out how to pass a unique key to it.
ting View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote ting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2010 at 1:07pm
Hi Mike,

You can pass client-specific arguments (in the last parameter clientArgs shown below) when registering the callback:

public void RegisterCallback(ServerNotifyDelegate serverDelegate, ClientNotifyDelegate clientDelegate,
                                                     Object userToken, params Object[] clientArgs)

These clientArgs are stored with the NotificationSubscriber, which is available to the service.  So for that sample, you could do something like this to get the arguments for each subscriber:

foreach (var subscriber in __notificationManager.GetSubscribers(__serviceKey)) {
          var args = subscriber.ClientArguments;
        }
Hope this helps!

Post Reply Post Reply