FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DevForceDataSource

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DevForceDataSource
    Posted: 30-Dec-2008 at 2:20pm
I am having an issue with the DevForceDataSource object when running the ExecuteSelect method.

I am mimicking the example:
-Create a dropdownlist for entities <Organization>
-Create DFDS to run GetAllEntities for <Organization>

Outcome: Runs successfully

-Create DetailsView
-Create DFDS to GetSelectedEntity using ControlParameter from the SelectedValue from the dropdownlist

Outcome: fails: Cannot cast Organization to IEnumerable

This does not make sense to me. ExecuteSelect for GetAllEntities is made of of a list of Organizations and passes. But, getting one Organization fails. List<Organization> is based off of Organization which is based from Entity which is based from DataRow. DataRow should be IEnumerable correct?

Please help. Been trying to track this down for a few days.

Edited by orcities - 30-Dec-2008 at 2:21pm
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2008 at 8:35am
DevForceDataSource ia working as designed,  It expects a list of Entities, not a single Entity.  Therefore, you must return  a list containing a single Entity.  A single Orgnization is not the same as an EntityList<Organization> even when the EntityList contains a single  Organizatiion.
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2008 at 9:22am
I did it exactly like the example. The example works and mine does not. The example has it return 1 record and it is successful.
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2008 at 2:13pm
Try doing a cast to IEnumerable before you return the result.  I know this should not be necessary, but I remember once doing it anyway, and it fixed my problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply