FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Cache Memory Use

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*Calsy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote *Calsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cache Memory Use
    Posted: 01-Apr-2009 at 7:54pm
Hi All, I am currently doing memory tuning on our application. Some of our clients have complained about the app choking up to much memory in some situations. I am seeing big spikes of Virtual Memory when I pull back large amounts of data, i'm thinking that this is caused by the data being stored into the application local cache. Is there any way we can manage this memory use better? Even when i perform a QueryCache.clear it does not seem to release the memory. Have you come across any clients that are looking to fine tune their memory use and what they might have done to do so?

Thanks in advance
*Calsy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote *Calsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2009 at 2:57pm
Any ideas???
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2009 at 11:38am
Clearing the QueryCache is different than clearing the “entity cache” which is accomplished by calling RemoveEntities on the entities that one wants to remove.  The QueryCache is just a list of queries that have been recently called, not the entities returned from the cache. 

Of course when using RemoveEntities, you want to be careful not to remove entities that you are still using.
 Post Reply Post Reply