FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Ideablade Silverlight on Mobile Devices

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*Calsy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote *Calsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ideablade Silverlight on Mobile Devices
    Posted: 13-Apr-2009 at 2:49am
Hi all, Was thinkin over the weekend about the thought of making a small app for a mobile device with silverlight and ideablade. Just wondering if anyone can fill me in on if it is possible that Windows mobile will support silverlight and ideablade (and whether a normal silverlight app will just port straight over to windows mobile)? If not, whether there is any thought of doing so.

Thanks
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2009 at 12:36pm
Here's more info from Microsoft on Silverlight for mobile - http://silverlight.net/learn/mobile.aspx

*Calsy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote *Calsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2009 at 3:24pm
Hi Kim, So from what I can gather Microsoft are planning to release Silverlight for Mobile along with the release of Windows Mobile 6.5. What is Ideablade's stance on supporting this version of silverlight?

Thanks
BenHayat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote BenHayat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2009 at 7:03pm
Firstly, SL Mobile is still [or not even] in CTP. Secondly, it needs to catchup to SL3. Until, it's stable, it's hard for third party to support or show a stand on a moving target. I think once Window 7 and Mobile 7 come out, you'll see a better story from Sl Mobile.
Best Regards!
..Ben

WPF & Silverlight Insider
http://www.MicroIntelligence.Com
ting View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote ting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2009 at 7:27pm

Once Silverlight Mobile supports Silverlight 3, DevForce should be in pretty good shape.  Microsoft claims the APIs will be consistent between the web and mobile version (although you might pick a different control suite that fits the form factor better).  From what I've heard it looks like it's about a year out.

Post Reply Post Reply