FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Is this a typo?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BenHayat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote BenHayat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this a typo?
    Posted: 14-Apr-2009 at 2:29pm
on Page 27 it says:
Multiple Data Sources
An Entity Data Model maps all of its entities to tables in a single database. This is unrealistic for the many enterprise applications whose conceptual data models integrate information from multiple resources. It‟s not uncommon for an application to draw upon data resident in three or four different databases.

Shouldn't that be:
Multiple Data Sources
An Entity Data Model maps all of its entities to tables in a single database. This is NOT unrealistic for the many enterprise applications whose conceptual data models integrate information from multiple resources. It‟s not uncommon for an application to draw upon data resident in three or four different databases.
Best Regards!
..Ben

WPF & Silverlight Insider
http://www.MicroIntelligence.Com
GregD View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote GregD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2009 at 4:14pm
Hi, Ben.

The author is saying that a data model that limits you to a single database (as the ADO.NET Entity Data Model does) is unrealistic.  The DevForce Domain Model, by integrating multiple Entity Data Models, overcomes this limitation.
BenHayat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote BenHayat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2009 at 4:25pm
Hi Greg;

Thanks for the clarification. As I read the following sentence, ("It‟s not uncommon for an application..."), I thought the author is saying the same thing in two sentences, one confirming the other. But I see your point that he was talking about EF!

Thanks!
Best Regards!
..Ben

WPF & Silverlight Insider
http://www.MicroIntelligence.Com
 Post Reply Post Reply